How to Create a WordPress User Directory page
ProfilePress has a feature that allows you to create a WordPress user directory for your website. A member directory is a list of registered users of your website. These directories can have different sorting criteria and design.
To create the member directory page follow these easy steps:
- In your Dashboard hover on ProfilePress and click on Member Directories
- Click on “Add New” at the top and select the template you want for the directory
- Use the drag and drop builder to build the attributes you want to be displayed for each member on the directory page.
- In the directory settings, you can tweak the directory’s appearance, sorting, pagination and more.
- Click on “Save Changes”
- Click on Member Directories and copy the generated shortcode.
Next, you will need to create a page where you want to display the directory listing on.
- Navigate to “Pages -> add new” in your WordPress dashboard.
- Create a new page and give it a title.
- Add the form shortcode you copied earlier to the page content.
- Save the page
NB: If you are using Gutenberg Block Editor you need to add the Shortcode block then paste the shortcode in the field
That’s it ?