How to Create a Custom WordPress Login Page
When you install ProfilePress for the first time, you are prompted to create pages for the smooth operation of the plugin. In addition, a custom WordPress login page is made for you during that process. However, if you dismissed that prompt or want to create a frontend login page for your WordPress site, you should read these instructions.
The page you create will contain a shortcode from the Forms & Profiles Section. This page will be used to log in users to the website.
Step One – Building the Login Form
- Hover on ProfilePress and click on Forms & Profiles
- Click on Add New and select the Login form type
- Enter a name for the form
- Select your preferred template
- Design the form with the drag & drop builder
You can preview what the form will look like by clicking on the “Live Preview” button.
After saving the form, a shortcode will be generated for that particular form. Click on Forms & Profiles and copy the shortcode for the newly created form.
Step Two – Creating the Page
- Navigate to “Pages -> add new” in your WordPress dashboard.
- Create a new page and give it a title.
- Add the form shortcode you copied earlier to the page content.
- Save the page
NB: If you are using Gutenberg Block Editor, you need to add the Shortcode block and then paste the shortcode into the field
Step Three – Finishing up
After creating the page, you need to set the page as the default login page in the global settings, so users are redirected to the page when they visit the default WordPress login page located at
- Hover on ProfilePress and click on Settings
- Select the Global Settings tab
- Scroll down to the login page and select the new custom login page.
- Click on Save Changes.
That’s it ?