How to Create a Custom WordPress Login Form
Learn how to create a custom, front-end login form for your WordPress website. A custom login page is a great way to replace the generic WordPress login and add your branding.
ProfilePress allows you to create a user login form that can be added to any page via shortcode.
Building the Custom Login Form
- Hover on ProfilePress and click on Forms & Profiles
- Click on Add New and select the Login form type
- Enter a name for the form
- Select your preferred template
- Design the form with the drag & drop builder or Advanced form builder.
You can preview what the form will look like by clicking on the “Live Preview” button.
The form settings let you change the form’s appearance, field styling, labels, text, and the submit button.
After saving the form, a shortcode will be generated for that particular form. Click on Forms & Profiles>>Login and copy the shortcode.
That’s it! Your custom WordPress login form is live and ready to use.
NB: If you are using Gutenberg Block Editor, you need to add the Shortcode block and then paste the shortcode in the field.
Redirecting the Default WordPress Login Page
After creating your custom login page, you need to set it as the default login page in the global settings of ProfilePress so that users are redirected to the page when they visit the default WordPress login page located at
Follow the steps below to achieve this.
- Hover on ProfilePress and click on Settings
- Select the Global Settings tab
- Scroll down to the login page and select the new custom login page.
- Click on Save Changes.
After completing the above steps, users visiting http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php will be redirected to your frontend custom login page.